Thursday, June 26, 2008

My life

One of my best achievements was that I learn English in about a year. It was hard at first, not even knowing one word of English. I felt that I was not meant to be in this state because I did not know there native language. That was the best moment of my life, when I could finally speak English. English is not a very easy language to learn, especially when you are already ten years old. I thought that I would never be able to be a fluent speaker, like everyone around me. But I proved myself wrong and I am very proud of that. To have learned to speak another language is very important to me because, if I did not know English I would have not being able to communicate with others and also to keep going in school. Also I would definitely not being able to have close friends. To me to have the privileged of knowing two languages is something very important because one day I can make a difference in the world. Learning English has improved me on my writing skills, speaking and reading. Also I am being able to be involved in programs that are going to help me get scholarships for college. I’m happy that my parents brought me to America. My education is a lot better then it was before and I like that a lot.

The issues that matter to me that most are why the president of Venezuela Hugo Chavez wants to turn Venezuela into another Cuba. I don’t understand why he thinks everything should be equally. To me the world is not equally at all so why should one country be equally. I understand that he wants to help the poor people in Venezuela. For Chavez to take everything away from rich people or medium class who have worked hard, for what they have and own. I do not think that is right to do. It does not matter if he is the President of the Venezuela. I mean he already changed the Flag. What else does he want to do? To me it is different and I am not living the life thousands of people are in Venezuela. I am lucky enough to have moved to the United States. But, what I am trying to get across is that he needs to slow down and quit trying to change our country. He is only doing it because; He wants to be like Cuba and Fidel Castro who runs his country how ever he wants and no one can change that. I disagree with him.


I want to go to the University of Nebraska at Omaha, It is not my dream school but it is close to home. The only reason why I want to go there is because it does not cost that much money to go. Also the requirements are not as high as others school I want to attended. I have the opportunity to know a lot about this college since is so close to my house I always hear everything that is going on the university. I am in the academy of Finance at my school and we are always working with the college of business from UNO. I found out that UNO has one of the best business college in Nebraska. That is something very important to me because that is what I want to go into when I go to college.

No comments: